What about the cover

The cover is a big issue in the ebook era.
Yesterday I wrote to a friend having a business in the design area about that.
I urged him to start adding the ebook cover design service in it's offering (I'm a consultant but some time I do consulting for free).
One day later I found this article.
The cover maters in a big way in every kind of book edition and on every channel. May be you don't see and do't show it to much when reading a Kindle but the first thing you see on any online bookshelf is the cover. If that cover is not optimized to be seen online and on the ebook display you loose customers. That's as simple and clear as death and taxes.
So ... my advice to book designers around ... start thinking about the digital channel from the design perspective. that will help you keep the editor/client alive and attract orders.

No comments: